Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Unfriendly Neighbors

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's my next-door neighbor.
My dog Peppy was my best and only friend, besides that homeless man named Bill. 
Such a sweet creature.

She had been with me through everything. We ate together, we fell asleep in front of the TV together, we walked together every day. She was there when I got my first job as a janitor at a local public high school. So when someone decides to take my best friend away from me because she ran into his yard, it makes me a little angry.
I don't tend to hate people very often, but my neighbor is an exception - we'll call him D.
D looks like a frail old man, but he packs a mean punch. He also has this turbo-charged lawn mower that he threatens passers-by with by the hour.
This was one of those days when D was really feeling on-edge. Peppy and I had just finished our daily stroll, and Peppy saw an albino squirrel in D's yard. I mean, come on, how often do you get to see albino squirrels? Naturally Peppy started to chase it.
Well, D wasn't too happy with my dog on his property. We'd already had a shaky past, one involving Peppy, so D wasn't going to be lenient this time.
D attacked Peppy with the lawn mower, and, well, it's hard for me to go on.
Anyway, if your neighbors are friendly and welcoming, congratulations!
And if they're not, here's hoping they didn't kill your best friend.

Wishing you, your neighbors, and your dogs well.
Sparkles

No comments:

Post a Comment