Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Importance of Reading

I thought I should bring this to all my my nonexistent readers' attentions:
The Importance of Reading.
I know, I know.
Your Mom and Pop tried to convince you of the same exact thing when you were a kid.
Or maybe you are a kid, and in that case, you probably shouldn't read this because you're currently being taught to be idealistic. And knowing the realities of the world and the lives of people like mine, you shouldn't know that people like me exist.
Anyway, the importance of reading.
Even though I don't have much, I can have my books.
I put aside $12 for my library card and it has done so much for me, including making this blog possible.
Every week I check out a book from the library, and it gets me through the week.
Literature is important because even someone with a limited education like mine can make it in this country with a little motivation.
Books bring me to new worlds, and they help to expand my vocabulary. They do a lot more than school would have done for me.
But, kids, that doesn't mean you shouldn't stay in school (I know you are still reading...kids these days).

Also, kids, LISTEN TO YOUR PARENTS!
God knows I should have listened to mine.

Sending my best regards,
(but only to people who read books)
Sparkles

No comments:

Post a Comment