Thursday, December 27, 2012

Have You Seen My Childhood?

So, after a relaxing holiday I decided I'd get back to work on my writing. I had gotten a little frustrated and any loyal reader would probably notice that my posts were beginning to get more and more uninspired.
Anyway, today I want to talk about my childhood.
I'm not going to go WAY back - some of it is still painful to talk about, but I'll go into detail as I become more accustomed to sharing personal stories on the Internet.
I wasn't always this poor - when I was a teenager and still lived in my hometown, I went to an expensive all-girls Catholic high school. Naturally I had friends much wealthier than I, and one year a friend asked me and another girlfriend to attend her family vacation to Florida over spring break.
We had so much fun. It was the good old days, days I'll never forget. I will always remember the feeling of having these two girls that I could really let my guard down with. Over the years we drifted apart, but I still check in with them from time to time.
We may have seemed like innocent, 17-year-old schoolgirls at the time, but each night, we really partied hard. The drinking, the recreational drugs, it was like something straight out of a movie - one of the movies that I aspired for my life to be like. One night I met a guy named Drew. He was stunning - tan, broad shoulders, exactly my type. He looked like he jumped out of an Abercrombie catalogue. I assumed he was my age. I ditched my friends for the night and went with him to his own condo, and we had a very...romantic night to say the least. I would say that this was one of my most exciting sexual experiences, and it was one of my first.
The next day, Drew and I parted and I dished to my friends about our night together. My friends had been with Drew's friends talking while I was gone, and it turned out he was not who I thought he was. In fact, he was a 25 year old construction worker who was engaged to be married later that week.
I guess you could say he knew how to drill...ok, you're allowed to groan at that one.

Moral to the story - be careful who you hook up with when you're 17. You might just become an accidental homewrecker.
Sparkles

No comments:

Post a Comment