Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Worst

So, this is an embarrassing thing to admit, but last week I was watching an old Family Feud rerun at my good friend Jani's house. One of the surveys' top answer to "Age I Wish I Was" or something of the like, was 18. Well, Family Feud respondents, I'd like to let you know that 18 was not an age I'd ever like to relive. Being 18 in the 2000s sucked. It's the age where you're expected to do all the things that grown ups do, minus all the fun or good things. When I was 18, I was kicked out of my parents' house and cut off financially for reasons that I'll probably explain some other time. I basically lived on my rich friends' couches, until I had no rich friends left. That's when I found a job another state, moved away from everything and everyone with the little money I had saved up through the years, and met my friend Bill, who has provided moral support for me despite him homelessness and affinity for cocaine. Anyway, my point is, 18 is not an age anyone would want to repeat. If you think otherwise, please let me know why, because I really couldn't think of one reason.

Now, 23 is another story. 23 was pretty good.

Sparkles

No comments:

Post a Comment